The need for automation in the manufacturing sector is rapidly growing in India and we need to use the right combination of technology and processes to compete in the global market and continue to make our strong presence in the global economy. Industrial Automation plays a crucial road in innovation, enhancing processes, improving productivity and also helps manufacturers to come with a product with no effect and zero defects. Now a snacks manufacturer from Kerala can compete with international snacks manufacturers and meet the demand of global market if he/she chooses the right combination technology and integration of processes for production and packaging. Improved manufacturing processes also have a less environmental impact and ensure the safety of workers and quality of the product. I would also highlight the 5 major benefits of using Industrial Automation technologies:
- Increase in plant safety and employee empowerment results in employee performing higher roles with trust, confidence, and effectiveness.
- Risk minimization, high reliability, profit maximization and business transformation.
- Satisfied consumers getting quality products with zero defects and zero effects giving better health and a cleaner environment.
- Faster, flexible and more productive operations and management of all assets.
- Efficiency to produce competitive products meeting global standards.
For us to succeed in the global market and to compete with global businesses, we need to be at par with the world in implementing industry standards, technology, and smart manufacturing processes. Manufacturing sector should also help the government to define and adopt the relevant standards and regulations to ensure employee, plant and consumer safety. India can become a global manufacturing hub and create a sustainable and world-class infrastructure with the use of right automation technology.